Do you believe that good SaaS is about looking around corners and building/designing to scale? Are you passionate about using technology to solve problems that have a huge impact globally?
As a Senior Front-End Engineer (FEE) in Border Network you are driving a wave of interaction and bringing sweeping changes to how our builders use and manage their workflows.
You are innovating on software consoles and information architectures that ensure operational excellence and allow our builders and customers to be more agile, and efficient.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer in AWS Border Network, you will leverage big data technologies and analytics software to provide users clear and simple consoles for one of the largest networks in the world.
You will be able to push the boundaries of what’s possible for users by working in a deep partnership with our engineering group to build smart adaptive consoles, dashboards, and workflows that can react intelligently to real-world events. This is your time to make history by designing large-scale distributed systems.
You'll be part of a committed team in a dynamic environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. The opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in front-end engineering and cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are innovative, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will work alongside some of the best software and network development engineers in the world. You'll know what it means to operate, scale, and posture the largest customer facing cloud network in the world.
If you are searching for a place to lead in a critical business function and make a big impact across hundreds of customer quickly, our motivated and collaborative team is ready for you to join us and make that happen!
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations.
- Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
About the team
We are a distributed team with locations across the world, we are excited to find the right person regardless of where they are located.
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces.
- Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
- Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).- Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
- Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Ability to analyze a user challenge and compose a solution with clear software and UX design actions.
- Can articulate the challenges and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and values diverse perspectives.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,100 -$227,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $168,100 -$227,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.