CacheFly has been building innovative CDN technology since 1999. Our goal is to help our customers entertain and educate the world. We believe that our small team, working together, with great technology, can make a bigger impact on our customers than any other company on Earth.
We encourage initiative, reward performance, and aspire to keep work both fun and fulfilling.
We are a fully remote
organization, with team members spread across multiple countries and timezones. Our flexible work policy allows everyone to work at a time that is convenient for them; provided that they are always meeting deadlines and attending pre-arranged meetings
We are looking for an exceptional ReactJS front end developer who also has a good working knowledge of the complete web infrastructure stack.
Your primary focus will be on adding new functionality to an existing modern web application. You will be expected to recommend best practices during design discussion and improve the overall quality of both the code and the application on an ongoing basis.
You will work closely with our UI/UX designer and take an active role in defining how the application works. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, regular communication, and good time keeping is essential.
All members of the team are expected to assist with quality assurance and keeping the production platform as issue free as possible.
Development team work hours are flexible, with meetings and conversations often starting around 10:00 AM UTC (6 AM US Eastern Time). Weekly video conferences usually occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Scheduled
production deployments usually occur on a Monday.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.
- Converting issues into automated test cases.
- Fixing issues and performing code maintenance.
- Building reusable libraries, and components.
- Proactively identifying issues through active testing, and real user monitoring.
- Working as part of a team to deliver features which align with business objectives.
- Collaborate closely with other team members.
- Communicating progress, and issues in a timely manner; both asynchronously on issues and synchronously at regular team meetings.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ensure cross browser compatibility for both desktop and mobile.
- Translating designs, concepts and HTML5 wireframes into modern high quality code.
- Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Advocating for best user experience.
- Advocating for modern development and web application best practices.
- Ability to understand requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to design and implement data structures for large scale applications.
- Ability to analyze complex technical documentation.
- Proficiency with React, React Redux and its core principles.
- Knowledge of TypeScript, and newer specifications of EcmaScript is a plus.
- Knowledge of alternative JS frameworks such as Vue, Angular, JQuery is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of web hosting infrastructures, including traditional and serverless models.
- Thorough understanding of Progressive Web Applications, Manifests and Service Workers.
- Thorough understanding of RESTful API principles, and asynchronous request handling
- Good understanding of unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing strategies.
- Good understanding of HTTP and web content caching.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as NPM, Webpack, ESLint, Lighthouse, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and shell scripts.
- Experience building, running and maintaining Docker images.
- Familiarity with git code versioning, and GitHub issue management.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Excellent communication skills; through issue tracking, instant messaging, and video conferencing.
- Keen interest in understanding and implementing modern web application best practices.
- Meticulous and organized approach to work.
- Logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Thorough, detail-oriented work style.